• Each entry must include a separate entry form per each submission if entering multiple categories.
• Students may only enter a maximum of three categories. Students may NOT enter the same item into multiple categories or enter multiple items per category.
• Entries must be the original work of University of Miami students majoring or minoring in Public Relations only. EXCEPTION: Students enrolled in PR classes are also eligible.
• Entries must be products of class coursework or school-related projects including work for school publications or activities, student organizations, internships/practicums, or volunteer work.
• All entries are subject to review by the Screening Committee. The Committee has the right to withdraw a submission if the entry is deemed inappropriate. The Committee may also re-assign an item to a more appropriate category.
• Each category will have a first place winner and honorable mention award.
• Public Relations professionals judge entries based on professionalism, quality of workmanship, formatting, style, creativity and overall effectiveness.
• Upon completion of the awards ceremony, students receive copies of the judges’ comments and their scores. These comments must be picked up with submitted entries from Dr. Scott in WCB Room 3022.
PREPARING ENTRIES FOR SUBMISSION
• All entries are submitted digitally. There is a brief demonstration video on how to prepare digital mockups of design entries in the PR SUBMIT page.
Once you create digital mockup jps of your work, you may use them to create a PDF presentation of your project using Indesign. Please make sure to export your PDFs as a Small PDF to keep your document sizes under 10 MB.
Word Documents should also be saved as PDFs.
All written and design entries must be submitted in PDF format by uploading them to the PRADDY Box folder. (Link provided at the end the Submission under the PR Submit page).